Monday, June 2, 2008

Watch your step!!

Josh and I donated a bit of money on Sunday and took the kids to particpate in the 2008 Doggy Dash. The SPCA's website said that there was a record number of registrants this year: about double from last year - about 3,000. And I believe it... We did the 5K (3.something miles) walk through William Land Park. The only thing that we had to watch out for were landmines in the middle of the path that other dog owners "missed". Yeah, right. I don't want to pick up my dog's poo any more than the next person but it's just common courtesy, yo! It was a perfect day for this too. The weather was really nice, a bit chilly in the morning though. Abbi and Hayden got a little nervous in the beginning with all of the people and other dogs there but once we got walking, they really enjoyed themselves. Josh & I did too so we decided that it's something that we'll continue to do. Although, I'm not sure how we'll be able to do it next year with three...

1 comment:

Tami said...

What a great cause!~Noelle mentioned "I saw Abbi and Hayden at the park with Nana and Papa" again today in the car. All of her memories are scattered in her brain and she randomly picks stories to tell us. (Wouldn't it be strange to see things as a child?) Anyhow, I guess we are going to SL on F-day weekend. Whoops! Big mistake on our part. So I suppose we need to determine a plan B! Let me know. When are you camping?