Tuesday, October 7, 2008

See Dad, I can cook!!

Okay, I admit it, I'm a blog-stalker. There are a few blogs that I regularly follow without the blog owner's knowledge. One of them is my sister-in-law's sister's sister-in-law. Uh....what??

Anyway, she's got some great recipes on her blog and I saw one for calzones that looked easy enough for me to tackle. After a quick check in our cupboards and pantry, we amazingly had all of the major ingredients to make the dough and the filling. Josh got sent to the store for the filling while I was making, yes, MAKING, the dough and cooking the chicken breasts. Our filling was a small amount of tomato sauce, the baked chicken, reduced-fat mozzerella cheese, red and yellow bell peppers, and mushrooms. The general consensus was that there needed to be more cheese in there but I went in to food-Nazi mode and told Josh no!. This recipe is definitely a repeater. So thank you, Tami's sister's sister-in-law!! I may just try to tackle pizza next!

The piiiiiiiieeee is made with dough and then you throw it. Into the air... Into the air...


The finished product


And here's a little song that I'll be singing when I try to make homemade pizza.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Oh, my kitchen! Well, your kitchen now! I still get really homesick! And yes, we all blog-stock. I have been blogging now for over an hour-love it! A neighbor taught me how to bake with yeast and I have been making bread like crazy. I've gotta stop- or I will be really fat the next time you see me. Good pizza dough is one of live's pleasures! I still need to make that recipe! Any news on the puppy?

Josh and Gina said...

No other news on the pup.... I'm getting impatient! We should know more by around February if we'll be getting one at all. Can't change Mother Nature!