April turned out to be a month of downs and ups. We started off the month trying to figure out how we'd make it through financially because Josh had lost his job at the end of March. Things got better towards the end of the month when he started his new job on the 19th. Woo hoo! One of the drawbacks though is that he's gone during the week and only home on the weekends. I now call him my weekend husband. The kids and I are adjusting to not having him home and we've gotten into a pretty good routine. And since I'm taking care of them by myself during the week, daddy is on doggy duty (and doodie!) when he's home on the weekends. ;) I've managed to wrangle them enough so we're able to take a 2 mile walk around the neighborhood and not have me come back with any scrapes from falling.
Since Josh wasn't home on his 30th birthday (on the 22nd), we celebrated the following weekend with my parents, Big Gramma, and aunt Nan by going to eat at a Mexican joint near us called El Palmar. Josh and I found it kinda by accident one day and the food is goooooood. It's our new hole in the wall-ish favorite place to eat. Plus, they have our favorite tequila there so that gives them bonus points. HA! We went back to gramma's for dessert and presents where he was surprised with his new favorite cake: a raspberry budnt cake thing. He also got a new tent which we're very excited to use for our Memorial Day camping trip.
The next weekend, I took him out on a date to Cattleman's because he wanted a nice steak. Which he got, in the form of a HUGE porterhouse. More than half of it got taken home to the dogs and for leftovers though. But man, it was good!
The rest of the month was pretty uneventful. The dogs didn't have any vet emergencies or eat anything they shouldn't. It's just been pretty quiet since I'm the only one home during the week. We have some things planned for May that we're excited about so I'm hoping that the next month's recap will be more eventful.
No comments:
Post a Comment