I'd found a recipe for chicken on the Once a Month Mom website and because of the ingredients, I got super excited about it. When we ate it, the excitement faded. I've now renamed the recipe Meh Chicken because there is nothing special about it. I'm not even going to link back to the original recipe because it's just not worth it.
As an aside, I'm not so impressed with the Once a Month Mom recipes anymore. Yes, it is so very nice to have freezer recipes all in one site, all organized for you by meal and/or snack. But the recipes are not good! The "normal" recipes are full of cheeses and fatty foods, and mostly resemble funeral casseroles. But the "diet" recipes are bland and totally lacking any sort of texture or flavor. I'm sure that I could spruce them up a little bit but I don't know that until AFTER I've spent hours and hours prepping the food, putting it into freezer containers, and then cooking it. I get so frustrated that I wasted the time preparing it AND the money on the ingredients. But because I've been doing the freezer cooking for a while, I've learned which ingredients freeze and thaw well, along with the ones that don't. So now, Pinterest has become my favorite place to get freezer recipes!
I just noticed that you can see my fun new running shoes peeking out in the bottom left corner of the picture. Probably the best pair that I've owned!
No comments:
Post a Comment