Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Toot, Toot!!

I have to take a little moment to toot my own horn: I've lost over 10 pounds, which is just over 5%, and am now down a pants size!! We've committed to follow the FA (Fatties Anonymous, which is really Weight Watchers) plan and surprise, surprise: IT'S WORKING! It's so silly that we have to PAY to be told to eat right. But it's been really good for us. We're accountable to someone else, other than each other, and we get the support and advice from our group and leader at the meetings. We don't have ANY junk food in the house right now. Well, take that back. We bought some Girl Scout cookies. But that's IT! It kinda stinks though when we get that sweet craving and all there is to choose from is fruit...

One of the plan elements is to "Move More" and we've been doing that too. We've been walking the dogs around a loop in the neighborhood and when I mapped it out, it's 2.51 miles. No wonder they're so beat when we get home!

Since we've been on our diet, we've been feeling much better, have more energy, and are seeing physical results. You know, all the cheesy things that you hear in the weight loss commercials. But it's so true!!! Once you SEE the results, it's almost like another motivational boost because you know that if you can accomplish just that little bit, you can accomplish so much more!

Here's to wearing a bikini in Cancun!!!

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Congrats guys! well at least Gina. How's Josue doing with the new lifestyle? Where do you get Bison steak? It's great to see you guys follow through on a strict eating/exercising lifestyle. I don't think I could do it. Keep it up!

Dan

Tamara said...

Yah-hoo! 10 pounds- that's huge! If I could loose 10 I would be where I was when we were wearing bikinis in Hawaii 4 years ago- I feel so stinking blah these days. I am so proud of you! Keep it up- Cancun is such good motivation!