Yes, that is a dog chupe...
Oh, how we love this little boy!! After the ear issues, the fleas, and the potty training, we've finally settled into a routine. We have him attached to us on the flexi-leash because the little monster was getting into things when we weren't watching him like a hawk. He's quick! And smart!! We're working on sit, lie down, stay, and come now. He already knows, and responds, to his name. He's almost 13 weeks old and already getting these things! He's learned which food bowl is his and goes directly to it when it's time to eat. Maybe we just didn't try hard with Abbi or Hayden or maybe they aren't as smart as Legion (...) but he seems to be catching on to things much faster. He starts puppy kindergarten on September 12th, so we're hoping to expand on the things that he's already learned. Josh has been taking him on his trips to Home Depot and we've been taking him for trips in the car when he can come with us, just to get him socialized. Because of the breed that he is, socialization is much more important for him. Maybe we'll take him to Costco, like we did with Abbi, and get kicked out again. HA!
I haven't been taking pictures of him like I was the first two because his ears have looked kinda nasty up until Friday, when the vet put him in cones. He'll be in these for another couple of weeks and then hopefully, his ears will be standing like they should. He also got his 12 week shots so he's good to go play outside where other dogs have been. So we took all three dogs for a walk on Friday night. It wasn't bad!! I started out with Legion and Josh had Abbi and Hayden. Then Legion seemed like he was tired so Josh & I switched, in case he had to carry him the rest of the way home. Oh no, he wasn't tired!! He just wanted to stop and check things out along the way and he knew that I would let him do it!! I have to nip that in the bud because it's not going to be any fun at all when he's gained 75 pounds and pulling me down the street...
Legion is now weighing in at 33 pounds at 12, almost 13, weeks old. His paws are just about bigger than Hayden's. He can now jump on the couch with ease. And is diligently trying to get up on the bed. That's one thing that he seems too small to do at this point. Since he is so stinkin' big, I think that we're expecting too much from him. Really, he's still a baby and we have to remember that sometimes when we bang our heads againsnt the wall because he's had another accident...
I'm sure we'll forget, again, in a couple of years about how much of a headache it is to train a new puppy and we'll be pulling our hair out again when the next one does all of the crazy puppy things too. It's so worth it though to have a well-behaved, trained dog!!
I haven't been taking pictures of him like I was the first two because his ears have looked kinda nasty up until Friday, when the vet put him in cones. He'll be in these for another couple of weeks and then hopefully, his ears will be standing like they should. He also got his 12 week shots so he's good to go play outside where other dogs have been. So we took all three dogs for a walk on Friday night. It wasn't bad!! I started out with Legion and Josh had Abbi and Hayden. Then Legion seemed like he was tired so Josh & I switched, in case he had to carry him the rest of the way home. Oh no, he wasn't tired!! He just wanted to stop and check things out along the way and he knew that I would let him do it!! I have to nip that in the bud because it's not going to be any fun at all when he's gained 75 pounds and pulling me down the street...
Legion is now weighing in at 33 pounds at 12, almost 13, weeks old. His paws are just about bigger than Hayden's. He can now jump on the couch with ease. And is diligently trying to get up on the bed. That's one thing that he seems too small to do at this point. Since he is so stinkin' big, I think that we're expecting too much from him. Really, he's still a baby and we have to remember that sometimes when we bang our heads againsnt the wall because he's had another accident...
I'm sure we'll forget, again, in a couple of years about how much of a headache it is to train a new puppy and we'll be pulling our hair out again when the next one does all of the crazy puppy things too. It's so worth it though to have a well-behaved, trained dog!!
2 comments:
And just like his sister, he likes my shoe! Notice I wasn't the one to discipline him, though. I'll let you be the meanie.
Sounds like you got a smart little guy. How do you anticipate his interaction with the other two rascals when he's bigger than they?
Post a Comment