Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The usual chaos

Legion is in his second week of puppy school and is doing awesome! The trainer keeps telling us what a great job we're doing with him. Well, I wonder if she'd still say that if she saw the maniac he was at home...? He's got his sit, lie down, and stand pretty consistent. At least, it's to the point where he doesn't need a treat to reward him afterwards now. He's walking better and better on leash and we're expanding on that with the lessons from school. This week, we'll be starting to work on the "leave it" command...with food. We'll see how that goes because he's more of a Hoover than Abbi is!

We took the cones out of his ears yesterday and they're standing nicely so far. Actually, Legion took one out himself and Hayden ripped the other one out. We have another vet appointment on Friday to see if anything else needs to be done, of if he can FINALLY be free of the cones. He's so much more happy without them. Poor little guy... Josh and I tried to take pictures of him last night with his naked ears. I say "tried" because I think we got maybe 2 or 3 decent pictures out of about 20.







Legion loves his big brother and Hayden loves having a little shadow.


Josh got most of the work completed on his cover-up tattoo. It's been a pain to get this thing completed because he received it as trade for some speakers he installed in a tattoo shop in Old Sac. The first guy that started it really shouldn't ever have a tattoo gun in his hand: it was horrible. The next guy to work on it was self-detoxing from heroin (yes, heroin) and wasn't able to even get started on where the first guy left off. The next guy was/is more interested in launching his mixed martial arts career than getting Josh in his chair. But he sure does make it a point to invite Josh out to every local fight he has! Finally, the shop gets a guy in there that is able to do the work consistently. Josh has had about four sittings, spending at least four hours in the chair each time. The cover-up has turned out pretty good! If you look closely, you can still see the previous tattoo but you have to know where and what it was to really see it. He has one more short sitting for the tattoo artist to go over some of the finer detail work. And then he's done!! The owner of the building in which the tattoo shop is located was impressed with his speaker/wiring work and has asked Josh to do more work in some of the other shops. For trade. We're kinda on the fence about it because of the headache that it's been to get this one completed. But even so, Josh is already planning what he wants to get next. What about me??? Here are a few (dark) pics of Josh's new tattoo. The original was two barbed-wire bands with blue flames in between them. The new one is two koi fish in the Pisces symbol position, with water and rocks for accent. It's dark but it looks really good.







The dogs have been going crazy inside this last week because it's been too warm to take them out. So they've been playing inside... These are couple of pictures of after they've been playing because when I try to take action shots of them, all I end up with is a brindle blur.

Legion pre-cone rip-out.


Seriously, can you say no to this face?


Abbi, in "her" spot, cooling down.


The boys, tuckered out from chasing each other throughout the house.


This is what you get when you don't watch the puppy AT ALL TIMES.


So.......after trying to diet on my own, joining Weight Watchers, cancelling Weight Watchers to save money, trying to diet on my own again, things weren't working. I got an early anniversary present from Josh in the form of personal training sessions at the gym. While he thinks it's super lame, it what I really, truly wanted. I'd have an actual person to be accountable to each week and she and I can track the progress, or steps backward, that I'm making towards my goal. I do have a goal though, as seen below. It's a skirt that I was wearing when I first met Josh. However, I'm hoping that my butt and thighs haven't spread so far out that I'll never be able to fit in it again!

No comments: