My first attempt at clam chowder. As I do with most of the recipes that I'm trying for the first time, I add ingredients and follow the directions as they're written. I was a liiiiiiiittle skeptical of this one though: it called for a wee bit much liquid and was quite runny as I was stirring it in the pot. When I think clam chowder, I think thick, creamy stuff that almost sticks to your spoon. Well, not really, but at least has a thick, creamy consistency. Not runny, like this one was. I was all set to throw it down the drain and hop in the car to the Taco Bell around the corner but I figured that I'd at least give it a taste. So after I threw in a little more salt for good measure (huh?), I dipped a spoon in the not thick, not creamy, white liquid in the pot. Holy moly, it was actually good!!! Taco Bell, I'm so very sorry, we will NOT be visiting you tonight. I made a note for the next time that I make this to not add as much liquid as it calls for. We'll see how that turns out.
Monday, March 22, 2010
March 4, 2010
My first attempt at clam chowder. As I do with most of the recipes that I'm trying for the first time, I add ingredients and follow the directions as they're written. I was a liiiiiiiittle skeptical of this one though: it called for a wee bit much liquid and was quite runny as I was stirring it in the pot. When I think clam chowder, I think thick, creamy stuff that almost sticks to your spoon. Well, not really, but at least has a thick, creamy consistency. Not runny, like this one was. I was all set to throw it down the drain and hop in the car to the Taco Bell around the corner but I figured that I'd at least give it a taste. So after I threw in a little more salt for good measure (huh?), I dipped a spoon in the not thick, not creamy, white liquid in the pot. Holy moly, it was actually good!!! Taco Bell, I'm so very sorry, we will NOT be visiting you tonight. I made a note for the next time that I make this to not add as much liquid as it calls for. We'll see how that turns out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment