Monday, July 12, 2010

SoCal Blitz Trip

Josh has been in Ontario for work since last Monday so things have been pretty quiet. We (read: I) thought it'd be fun to grab Legion and meet Josh down in Southern California and drive to see Legion's breeder. The opportunity didn't present itself until Thursday night so I made plans with the breeder, grabbed the baby, and headed down on Friday! Abbi and Hayden went to stay with gramma & grampa and from the report that I got, they got totally spoiled. Why am I not surprised...? ;)

Mike, our breeder, pulled together a really nice bbq. We weren't able to spend any time with his dogs but he had some cute, not-so-little pups out that we could play with. Josh told me not to get any ideas. I don't know why he would think something like that?!? Mike was super stoked to see Legion though and evidently, the pictures that I've been sending him didn't do him justice. He took a couple of pics of him. Here's one:

Spending time with other people that are familiar with and truly appreciate this breed was awesome. They know they're giant dogs and are used to the fact that everything they do is GIANT. We really appreciate Mike having us down there.

Legion did really well with the people that were there. He was really curious about the other dogs and even more so with the pups.

Since I was only down there for one full day, we didn't have time to do much of anything. Which was fine. It was just really nice to spend some quiet time with Josh and have the one-on-one interaction with Legion. He was a completely different dog: sweet and cuddly, rather than a monster. :) It was so heartwarming to see his reaction to Josh when he first saw his daddy. It's typically the other two dogs going nuts at the returning parent but he was INSANE by himself. Wiggling all over and trying to jump into Josh's arms. He was glued to his daddy the entire time we were down there.

And since I was staying with Josh in his hotel room, we had to sneak Legion in thru the back doors. How we successfully concealed at 100+ pound, sometimes barking, dog is beyond me!

We had a little time to waste on Saturday so we grabbed a quick bite. Legion decided he was hungry too.


The drive down and back wasn't so bad; Legion crashed out in the back seat of my car, yes, my car, the entire time. He was having a blast though, hanging his head out of the window.

On the way down:


On the way back:


It was nice to get away for that little, quick trip and would love to be able to do it more often.

1 comment:

Tami said...

I can't believe you were able to sneak him into the hotel- hilarious! Sounds like the trip was worth it!