Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I Pay For This?!?!

So I bought a groupon for Crossfit. There's a girl at work that is pushin' 260 pounds that has been doing it for three months and has lost about 8 inches overall during that time. Ok, I think, if she can do it, I've got to be able to do it. Better.

Oh, how prideful I was...

I don't think that I have ever been this sore. I don't think that I've ever looked at a flight of stairs and contemplated hurtling myself down them because it would be quicker, and less painful, than walking down them. But on the other hand, I can't remember when I've actually had this much fun working out. This isn't a typical 'gym' environment. It's a warehouse-feeling building with ropes and rings hanging from the ceiling, kettlebells lying on the floor, men and women of varying sizes all working out together in a team setting. You could be the most un-fit person, coming in dead last, and the super annoyingly fit perky-boobed blonde is cheering you on to finish. And all you can think about is crossing the finish line and calling "time" so she'll shut her mouth. That hasn't happened to me...yet...

The groupon gets me 12 classes, which breaks down to 2 weeks of the on-ramp classes and then I get thrown to the wolves. The training wheels come off! Most of workouts are named after women (???) but then you get ones named "Fight Gone Bad." Huh, strange name, right? Upon googling that workout, it came about when an MMA fighter finished it and when asked how he felt, he said "it felt like a fight gone bad." Oh, now THAT'S something to look forward to!! As long as I finish it though, I'm ok with it.

The pictures are of when I'm on the way to workout and then right when I got home. Bit of a difference, huh?

No comments: