This little boy is my heart dog...and often breaks it too. Hayden is so full of life, always on go, and even though little specks of grey are coming in, you would never guess that he is 6 years old.
Time is catching up with him though in the form of cancerous tumors on his body, non-cancerous tumors in his mouth, and it's taking him longer to recover from play time (he has a heart murmur). But I hug him every day and tell him that I love him so very much so if anything should happen, he will know. And in true little boy fashion, he allows the hugs for only so long before he wriggles away and is off to play.
He has been such a god-send for us: a little baby for Abbi, a playmate for Legion, a cuddlebug for mama, big helper for daddy, and it seems that he puts his whole heart into everything that he does, only wanting to make us happy.
I love you, my little Hayden Michael. What, your dog doesn't have a middle name???

No comments:
Post a Comment