Monday, October 12, 2009

October, so far

This month has been pretty uneventful. Our major highlight was taking the kids to get their Halloween pictures taken. It's an insane, stressful, and frustrating ordeal but we love having the pictures, and seeing everyone laugh at the costumes while we're viewing them on the screens in the studio. Can you really even call The Picture People a "portrait studio" though...?

This was what we saw on the way in to get the pictures taken.


In our effort to have a well-socialized dog, we're taking the pup everywhere with us. This time, it was to Yogurt Monkey. And of course, he got his very own treat too. He loved it!




I've been using my furlough Friday's as "me" days and not really doing anything around the house. Legion got fed up with that and told me that I needed to get off my butt and sweep off the patio. Hint, hint mom!


But he's enjoying my days off too.


Josh's highlight of the month so far was me FINALLY getting my blood drawn. I've never willingly gone in to get it drawn (minus one time in the ER...) so he was happy that I went in. I wasn't. I was high as a kite though from the tranquilizer that I had to be on to actually get me to step foot in there.

Josh snapped a picture as proof because he didn't think that anyone would believe me when I told them that I'd actually gone and done it. Notice though, that I have a tattoo on my wrist, along with three others, and I'm fine with getting those done. But when it comes to ONE baby needle being stuck in me, I lose it.


Our two-year wedding anniversary is tomorrow so hopefully, we'll be going shopping tonight, or sometime this week, for Josh's anniversary presents. Well, one of the two. I'm taking him to The Tinder Box to pick out some cigars and a nice humidor. I don't know much about cigars, other than they smell like poop..., so he gets to pick out the ones he wants. The other present will have to wait til later, when I have some time off from work. I'm getting him an exhaust system for his truck so I need to have a few hours free. Oh, and he already knows what he's getting because he said it wasn't fair that I already knew my gift so he wanted to know his. And we all know how bad I am when it comes to keeping hush-hush about presents... We don't have anything planned for our anniversary....yet. Maybe we'll head up to Apple Hill this weekend and stop at some of the wineries. Or something....

No comments: