This is the third week of the 2015 Crossfit Open, thus the workout is called 14.3. This week's workout was an 8-minute AMRAP (as many reps as possible) of deadlifts and box jumps/step-ups. I opted for the latter so I wouldn't gas in the first round. I am becoming more proficient at jumping on the box though, just not good enough...yet. The workout was this: 10 deadlifts at 95#/15 step-ups, 15 deadlifts at 135#/15 step-ups, 20 deadlifts at 155#/15 step-ups, 25 deadlifts at 185#/15step-ups, and on and on. I made it to the 185# weight round and did 14 deadlifts. All of the reps totalled 104. I need to wait until all of the scores are posted to see how I ranked with the “mortals" (aka the non-competitors) at the box. From what I was told though, I did pretty well in comparison.
Just to get a feel for the workout, I did this same workout on Friday at another box and scored 97. So I'm pretty happy with the 7 rep increase from then!
My back is WRECKED right now though so depending on what the WOD is for tomorrow, I may take it off. Please, no deadlifts...
I did my grocery shopping today. I decided to do a Paleo monthly freezer menu and ended up buying most of my ingredients from Wal-Mart. Like 98% of them. I don't know why, but I have a bit of an issue doing a Paleo menu with items bought from Wal-Mart. I know that they are the same things that I would be buying at say Bel Air or Safeway. Maybe it's because Wal-Mart has such a negative and unhealthy reference. I just can't put my finger on it. However, when you're trying to budget and to save money, Wal-Mart sure is an attractive option...
1 comment:
I am super proud of you baby. Way to stick with your "cult"!
Post a Comment