Saturday, July 27, 2013

A little time off...HURTS!

STRENGTH: 5X3 DEADLIFT @ 80%

SKILL

WOD 1: 1MIN DBL UNDERS, 1MIN PLANK, 1MIN HANDSTAND HOLD, 1MIN DBL UNDERS

WOD 2: 40 KB SWINGS 40 GOBLET LUNGES 30 KB SWINGS 30 GOBLET LUNGES 20 KB SWINGS 20 GOBLET LUNGES

Yesterday was my first day back to the box since last Wednesday. And I felt it. I was sore getting into the truck to go home!

My max, and only, deadlift was 195 pounds so the coach told me to try 160 pounds. I grabbed the bar and started stacking on weights to see where it was juuuust heavy enough. I got to 125 pounds. A bit short of 160. So I did my five sets and got ready for the WODs. Yes, WODSSSSS.

I was looking forward to this workout to get me back into the routine because I can do these kinds of workouts all day. The upper body ones, not so much. I cringe when I see anything having to do with pull ups.

During the first WOD, I attempted to do a "double under" while jumproping. I didn't realize how much effort it takes to jump rope! Why did it seem so easy when we were younger?!?! And then throwing double unders in there makes it more difficult. After whipping my legs pretty good a few times, I finally got the hang of it.

For the second WOD, I used an 18 pound kettlebell. In retrospect, I probably could have used a heavier weight... I finished in 9:52.

No comments: