After completing the On-Ramp portion of the Crossfit, the training wheels are coming off and it's time for the butt-kicking. I'm so terrified! And excited. At the same time.
I've really enjoyed Crossfit-ting so far, but I do really think that my body says that it's time for me to move on to the "real" classes because I'm not as sore anymore and I'm moving heavier weights. I've had days where it hurts to get in and out of the car, where I can't sit down without groaning, where I can't straighten out my torso because my abs are so sore, and my arms are so jello-y that I can't even form patties for burgers! Even after all of that, it feels so good to know that I'm working so hard to get that way. But my head is yelling at me to stay in the training classes because it's scared of the real workouts! To do that though would be to go against everything that Crossfit is about: which is to NOT listen to your head when you want to quit. Push yourself. Get out of your comfort zone.
I think that my biggest fear is that I'm super intimidated and afraid to come in last. Like waaaaay last. Which I will, and I know that, but I don't like it. There's a quote on our "box's" (box is what the facility is called) website that is what they tell all of their newbies: "Dead last is greater than did not finish which trumps did not start." So all of the times when I think that I can't get my chin above the bar, or I can't seem to do one more walking lunge, or can't get thru 10 more Russian twists, or those last 100 meters of rowing are going to kill me, all that is running thru my head is FINISH THIS! That and, don't puke. As long as those two things happen, I'm good.
I'm looking forward to a more noticeable tranformation of my body. Already, in these past few weeks, I've noticed that I'm less jiggly. Even Josh, in his Josh-way, said that I'm less girth-y. Thanks babe... HAHA! I know what he meant though and took it as a compliment.
This is our Workout of the Day (WOD) for today:
Strength : Max Deadlift
Wod:
Dirty Twenty
For time:
20 Box jump
20 Jumping pull-ups
20 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood
Walking Lunge, 20 steps
20 Knees to elbows
20 Push press, 45 pounds
20 Back extensions
20 Wall ball shots, 10 pound ball
20 Burpees
20 Jump Ropes
This is typically a "Filthy Fifty" (50 times for each movement) workout but because it was my first class out of the on-ramp, beginners, program, they scaled it back for me. It still killed me though!! But I finished. I was really surprised at myself when I was able to bust out a 195 pound max deadlift! I've never done deadlifts before so I wasn't sure what to expect. I typically curse my genetics for giving me my "soccer player legs," but here, they helped me move a lot more weight that I, and probably the coach!, thought I could. Even though I was nervous about the movements, I went through them relatively easily...until the burpees. I swear a sadist created burpees. Those are what killed me! But knowing that I was almost done, and had the super easy jumpropes to close it out, I busted out those stupid burpees. I hate them...
I wasn't thinking about recording my time when I was sucking air and thinking that all I wanted to do was to curl up in a fetal position. I know that it was somewhere in the 20 minute mark though.
Friday, July 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment