Monday, July 15, 2013

Handstand Pushups

Today's WOD:

STRENGTH: BACK SQUAT 3X10 (USE A WEIGHT THAT LEAVES ABOUT 3 REPS IN THE TANK)

AFTER EACH SET OF SQUATS IMMEDIATELY DO MAX EFFORT UNBROKEN HSPU (Handstand Pushups)

WOD:

600M RUN

60 KB SWINGS

400M RUN

40 T2B

200M RUN

20 KB SINGLE ARM SHOULDER TO OVERHEAD (10 ECH ARM)

Core: 40 kettlebell windmills

I finished this!! Not happy with the time but it's only my second real class and I finished in 20:01. But.I.FINISHED!

I had to scale the handstand pushups to something that I'm sure looked very interesting from behind... I was kneeling on a 24 inch box, butt waaaay up in the air, and head hanging over the side. I had to push up from the floor, kind of working up to the handstand pushup.

I was working with another girl on the back squats and she was working with 10 pounds on each side. I think it was a little too easy for me but it was the beginning of the workout so I didn't want to burn out way early.

I also had to scale the toes-to-bar (T2B) where while I was hanging, I just brought my knees up to my chest. Still, 40 of those bad boys weren't easy!!

It's been almost a month of working out and I can already notice that I'm getting stronger and my runs are getting faster. Not as fast as the ones that have been doing this for a while, or the super fit ones. However, I do take silent joy in the fact that only two classes in and I'm stronger than some of the other girls that have been there for much longer. Not faster though...

I did come in last tonight and a couple of the girls actually came out to cheer me on as I was finishing up my last run. I thought I'd hate it but it was the little boost that I needed. Good thing I decided to push it and run the last leg!!

I have to take tomorrow off for a hair appointment and I'm actually bummed about it!!

No comments: