I, in fact, did make it to this morning's 5:30 am workout. Much to Josh's surprise! 12 hours after I'd left the box, I was back. I couldn't sit down at all though once I'd made it back home because I would've just fallen back asleep and not made it in to work today.
Here's what was waiting for me this morning:
STRENGTH:
5X4 DEADLIFT @ 80% - I did 120#
WOD:
5 ROUNDS:
20 AIR SQUATS
7 SHOULDER TO OVERHEAD 135/95# - I think that I only did 45#
CORE:
10 TGU (5 PER ARM) HEAVY
I completed the WOD in 8:09 and was DRENCHED in sweat afterwards. I'm sure that the light grey shirt that I was wearing made it much less conspicuous too... 100 squats, even air squats, as fast as you can is no joke! My form was good today and I thiiiink that I might be getting the hang of the whole "explode from the hips" thing. I talked with a friend today and he told me that since I didn't play sports or anything when I was in school, that my muscles never learned how to explode or "fast-twitch." So now I have to try and teach them.
Then on to the Turkish Get-Up's (TGU)... Because it's such a crazy movement and rather than explain what they are, here's a video showing how it's done. How would you describe that to someone who'd not familiar with the movement?!?!
Since I am trying to be more strict with the healthy eating/Paleo, I had to find recipes with more flavor. You can only eat so much bland chicken... I found a recipe like this somewhere on Paleo recipe website. The BBQ sauce was all Paleo-y and healthy but I was in freezer cooking mode and didn't want to take the time to make it. Or to spend the extra money on all of the ingredients! As long as I'm not drenching the chicken on my plate with the sauce, or eating totally unhealthy, I think that I can squeeze in a little non-Paleo BBQ sauce.
As always with freezer meals, especially crock pot ones, I get a little nervous when it comes to the flavor and taste. Is it going to be bland? Is it going to taste so bad that we throw it away (this has happened more than once...)? Is it a repeater?? Because all or most of the ingredients are raw when put into the freezer bag, you can't judge how many extra spices or ingredients need to be added or omitted prior to cooking. Thankfully though, this recipe is a definite repeater! Josh would have this over rice but I just ate mine with a biiig salad. SO good!
Friday, August 2, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment