My leg, that is...
Tonight's WOD:
10 MIN: SNATCH BALANCE PRACTICE (IF EFFICIENT WORK TO HEAVY SINGLE)
Mini WOD: 1min handstand hold, 1min ME dbl unders, 1 min handstand hold
WOD: 7 min clock:
1000m row
40 kb swings - I did 18#
As many T2B as possible before the 7 min is up!
So I didn't get to the toes to bar because it took me 6:50 to get thru the rowing and kettlebell swings. So instead of just not doing them, I stayed after class and did 20 knees to chest, which is what people that don't have enough strength in their core do to build those muscles.
During the snatch balance, I lost my balance during the squat and landed on my butt. The 35# bar ended up landing awkwardly on my left shin. I didn't want to call attention to myself after that because honestly, I was embarrassed. But it hurt like heck!!! I pretended to kinda stand there and stretch my shoulders, got a drink of water, stretched my shoulders again, anything that I could do to "walk off" the pain that I was feeling in my leg. I didn't even look at the damage until we were done with the snatches and I was waiting for a rowing machine. There was a little bit of purple and a little swelling and quite a bit of pain. After I got home, I iced it for a bit and took some ibuprofen. I can't wait to see what it looks like in a couple of days!
I was pleased with what I did during the mini WOD because I'm getting the double unders. I can't do many at a time without getting anxious about it but at least I can jump rope for two minutes now without having to stop to either rest or reset because I messed up the rhythm.
No comments:
Post a Comment